Silk screens are a mesh stencil which allows the transfer of inks and powders onto a surface. The silkscreen works by blocking certain parts of the stencil in blue, allowing the ink/powder to permeate the white area.
- Can be washed and reused many times!
- A fun way to add an extra pop to your designs
- Available in a large variety of contemporary and modern prints
- Perfect for, but not limited to, use on polymer clay
Size: 74mm x 105mm (A7)
How to use:
- Place the silk screen onto the printing surface, with the shiny side down
- Place a line of paint along one edge. We recommend using Heavy Body Acrylic Paint. The high viscosity of this paint makes it suitable for screening.
- Spread the paint across the stencil with a squeegee or old credit card
- Lift one side of the silkscreen slowly to remove the silkscreen
- Clean the screen immediately after use by placing into a bath of cool water. Do not allow the paint to dry on the silkscreen.
Silkscreens can be used with paint on polymer clay before baking in the oven.